Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Can You Hear The Fish Cry? Can You?

I know its not good for the environment, I know all the old stories. In fact I'm a paying member of the Sierra Club and GreenPeace. BUT! I also do not want to actively fuck America's poor who can barely afford to drive to their already fucking lousy jobs because people with the time, money and energy don't care about them. I also don't want to fund the despots that fund the killing of American (and Israeli) teenagers in uniform.
Senator John McCain called yesterday for an end to the federal ban on offshore oil drilling, offering an aggressive response to high gasoline prices and immediately drawing the ire of environmental groups that the presumptive Republican presidential nominee has courted for months.
Like everything, this is good for some and bad for others. We gotta deal sometimes.

0 comments: